Counter Terrorism Security Advisers (CTSA's)
Cambridgeshire Constabulary, as part of the ongoing national counter terrorism strategy, has a dedicated team of Counter Terrorism Security Advisers (CTSAs) who are trained, co-ordinated, and tasked by the National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NaCTSO), who work to the National Police Chief's Council as part of the Security Services Chief Police Officers (ACPO) as part of the Security Services (MI5) Centre for the Protection of the Critical National Infrastructure(CPNI).
The role of the CTSAs is to:
- develop, promote and implement counter terrorism protective security best practice, policy and procedures within the United Kingdom. The advice available takes into account both conventional and non-conventional terrorist techniques.
- provide protective and counter terrorism security advice to those sectors that could be at risk from terrorist activity, particularly 'crowded places', e.g. shopping centres, sporting stadia pubs and clubs; premises where hazardous materials are kept and sites/buildings of symbolic significance.
- promote awareness of the terrorist threat and develop positive ongoing relationships with the local business and commercial sectors.
- work closely with and/or in partnership with other police forces, government departments, other agencies, representative bodies, industry and commerce.
The overall aim is to reduce vulnerabilities to the threat of terrorism. The public can play a key role in supporting the police and community in combating terrorism by:
- remaining vigilant and alert to such behaviour at all times
- looking for and reporting suspicious behaviour or activity
- being security minded and having good security measures in place, you can protect your business against crime and make the work of terrorists more difficult. A small investment in security measures greatly enhances the feeling of security on behalf of everyone and helps protect those around you.
For non urgent crime prevention advice, businesses should contact their local police Crime Reduction Officer, but if you feel that your company could benefit from Counter Terrorism Security Advice, which is provided free of charge, please e-mail email@example.com or write to the following address:
Counter Terrorism Security Advisers, Camridgeshire Constabulary Hq, Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 6NP.
If you consider anything to be suspicious or connected with terrorism contact Cambridgeshire Police on 101 or the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321.
Alternatively, a confidential on-line form can be submitted (This service is managed by the Metropolitan Police).
If it is an emergency remember to dial 999.