To report a non-urgent crime or disorder to the police, have a general query or wish to speak to a local officer, please call 101.
101 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls from landlines and mobiles cost £0.15p per call.
Contacts for deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired users
- Dial the minicom helpline on 01480 422493
- Text Relay is the UK's text-to-voice relay service. From a text phone, dial;
- Contact us online using web chat or using the police enhanced access line.
18001 + 01480 456111
18001 + 101
18000 for emergency calls
Dial 999 when;
- Lives are at risk / violence / serious injury
- Serious crime is happening
- A criminal is still at the scene or is nearby.
The police operator will need to take your name, address and details of what has happened. This will take time but it is important for us to get as much information from you as possible, so that we can send the appropriate resources to you if necessary. Where there is not an immediate danger, always call 101.
Contact us online
Speak to us online using our web chat service for all non-emergency enquiries, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Alternatively, you may wish to use the following online contact forms;
- General enquiries and requests
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Police enhanced access line
- Compliment our officers or police staff
- Make a complaint
- Website feedback.
To contact Cambridgeshire Constabulary form outside the UK please call 0044 1480 456111.
Our crime property stores are located at Parkside and Thorpewood Police Stations, their opening times are;
|Tuesday||9am to 12.30pm / 1.30pm to 3.30pm|
|Wednesday||9am to 12.30pm / 1.30pm to 3.30pm|
|Thursday||9am to 12.30pm / 1.30pm to 3.30pm|
Cambridgeshire Constabulary Headquarters
Telephone: 01480 456111
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 8am until 4pm.
All contact types and calls are answered by trained operators and may be recorded for quality, training and evidential purposes.