Tackling ASB - what you can do

Local residents chat to a neighbourhood officerThe most important thing that you can do to tackle ASB in your area is to report it.

You can also:

Keep a record of activity

Record when and where the problems are happening, including:

  • Dates and times of incidents
  • As much information as possible about what happened
  • Names and / or descriptions of those involved
  • Details of any witnesses
  • How the incident has affected you

If you cannot resolve a dispute with your neighbours, you could consider seeking help from the Citizensí Advice Bureau, a mediation service or visit a solicitor for guidance. If your housing provider is a registered social landlord, they may offer a mediation service. Please contact them for further details.

When people unite to tackle a problem they can be far more effective than working alone. Talk to your friends and neighbours, join a neighbourhood watch scheme or talk to local community groups.

Become a Special Constable and take an active role in tackling anti-social behaviour in Cambridgeshire. Specials are fully trained volunteers who have the same powers as regular police officers, including the power of arrest.

Search Cambridgeshire Constabulary