Tackling ASB what other agencies can do

Cambridgeshire Constabulary works closely in partnership with other agencies and with you, the public, to tackle anti-social behaviour, and the causes of anti-social behaviour in Cambridgeshire.

Local councils

Local councils have powers to deal with:

  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Graffiti and fly-posting
  • Damage to public property (street lights, road signs etc.)
  • Rubbish and fly-tipping
  • Noise, including loud music, noisy neighbours, parties, alarms, animals and noise from pubs and clubs

Local authorities have the same power as the police to apply to the courts for anti-social behaviour orders (ASBOs)

Use the links below to find out more about what your local council is doing to tackle ASB in Cambridgeshire:

Cambridgeshire County Council
Peterborough City Council
Safer Peterborough Partnership
Huntingdonshire District Council
Fenland District Council
East Cambridgeshire District Council
South Cambridgeshire District Council
Cambridge City Council

Landlords and Housing Associations

If the anti-social behaviour problem involves the tenant or a property of registered social landlord or a housing association, the landlord can take action against the person committing the anti-social behaviour. They can work with the police and the local authority to ensure appropriate action is taken to solve the problem.

Search Cambridgeshire Constabulary